About recording audio
The Dino-Lite USB microscopes can capture snapshots and record video. The microscopes do not include a microphone for recording audio. Audio can be recorded by connecting a microphone or using a microphone built-in to the computer (such as in most notebooks) by following these steps:
1. Close DinoCapture if it is currently open
2. Click on the Windows Start menu and then "Documents" or "My Documents"
3. Open the "Digital Microscope" folder and then the "Setting" folder
4. Open the file "DC20.ini" in a text editor such as Notepad and change the line that says "Audio_Recording=off" to "Audio_Recording=on"
5. Save the file and reopen DinoCapture
6. Videos created by the DinoCapture software will now include audio from Windows' default recording device.
Alternatively, a third-party software known as AMCap is capable of recording video from the Dino-Lite and combining that video with audio from a separate microphone.