- Error: The procedure entry point WMCreateWriter could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL"The procedure entry point WMCreateWriter could not be located in the dynamic link library WMVCore.DLL" Learn More
- Error: This Program Might Not Have Installed CorrectlyThis is not a normal occurrence however it is very likely the software did install fine. Please open the DinoCapture software to verify this. If you find that the software did not install correctly please contact us for assistance. Learn More
- Software opens but live image window missing
The preview window is movable by the user and will stay where it is placed. In some cases the preview window may disappear from the viewable area of the screen. Several things may cause this to happen:Learn More
1. The user drags the preview window to the edge of the DinoCapture window and then resizes DinoCapture, making the borders of the DinoCapture window small enough that the preview window is outside of them.
2. In a dual monitor setup the DinoCapture software has been expanded by the user to take up both monitors. The user drags the preview window all the way to the far edge (usually right side, second monitor) of the window. The user then resizes the DinoCapture window back to only take up one monitor, leaving the preview window in the area that would have been on the second monitor.
3. The user moves the preview window and then changes the display resolution on the monitor, making it small enough that the area containing the preview window is outside of the viewable area on the monitor.
To resolve this issue:
A) The easiest way to resolve this issue is to reverse the cause (generally increase the size of the DinoCapture window or increase the monitor resolution)
B) If the preview window still cannot be found, follow these steps to reset the location:
1. Close DinoCapture if it is currently open
2. Click on the Windows Start menu and then "Documents" or "My Documents"
3. Open the "Digital Microscope" folder and then the "Setting" folder
4. Open the file "DC20.ini" in a text editor such as Notepad and change the line that says "Save_Preview_Window_Position=on" to "Save_Preview_Window_Position=off"
5. Save the file and reopen DinoCapture
- Strobe light model: a portion of the screen is dark
While using a strobe light model (AD3613TB, AD3713TB, AD3715TB) a portion of the live image is dark. To resolve this issue:
1. Click the settings icon in the live image window (the icon that looks like a wrench)
2. Adjust the "Strobe length" setting
Please note: The strobe length setting can only be changed when the camera is set to strobe mode (LED mode #2). If necessary, try several values for strobe length until the issue no longer occurs. This issue generally occurs around the 40x - 60x magnification range due to the reflection of the strobe light.Learn More
- DinoXcope error: "unidentified developer" / "can't be opened because Apple.."
Mac OS displays the following error:
DinoXcope can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer
This error message has to do with increased security in more recent versions of Mac OS. By default, Mac OS is now only allowing software that comes from the Apple store. This can be resolved by creating an exception to that policy for the Dino-Lite software, or by changing that setting univerally to allow software from other sources.Learn More