How do I clean a Dino-Lite?
If there is an unknown artifact appearing on the screen when using the Dino-Lite, check if adjusting the magnification from low to high changes the size of the object. If the artifact size does not change during magnification adjustment, please contact us as this could be a sensor issue.
The Dino-Lite lens is a complex multi-layered design and very sensitive. Please be careful when attempting to clean and avoid using alcohol, or other harsh cleaners. Do not apply any cleaning solution directly to the lens. Avoid frequent or unnecessary cleaning.
To clean the Dino-Lite lens we suggest first carefully trying Compressed Gas Duster / Compressed Air to see if it might be loose dust that can be removed easily. You can find a this type of product in most computer or office supply stores or on Amazon.com using the following link:
- Only apply a quick short burst, avoid overusing the Compressed Gas as this may cause more harm than good
- Use the Compressed Gas with at least a few inches of clearance from the lens
- Make sure the canister is held upright and not shaken prior to or during use
Another option is to use equipment designed specifically for camera lens cleaning. One example of such a kit can be found on Amazon.com using the following link:
- Gently use a hand operated air pump to blow away any debris on the lens
- Remove any remaining dust or dirt with a soft-bristled lens brush
- If necessary, apply a few drops of lens cleaning solution to a folded lens tissue or cleaning cloth and gently wipe the lens with the tip of the folded cloth from the center outward
Do not submerge the Dino-Lite microscope in liquid. Avoid use of alcohol products when cleaning the body of the Dino-Lite microscope.
For sanitation the use of non-alcoholic cleaners such as the Sani-Cloth AF3 is recommended.
Caps can be cleaned in a diluted solution of alcohol with distilled water.
Do not attempt any cleaning method not listed above. If the issue remains or you are unable to sufficiently clean the lens using these steps please contact us for additional support.