- About recording audioThe Dino-Lite USB microscopes can capture snapshots and record video. The microscopes do not include a microphone for recording audio. Audio can be recorded by connecting a microphone or using a microphone built-in to the computer (such as in most notebooks) and using the AMCap software which is capable of recording video from the Dino-Lite and combining that video with audio from a separate microphone. Learn More
- Captured image and video file sizesThe size of captured images and recorded video files can vary based on a number of factors, in particular the resolution and variance in light and color has a large effect on final size. As an approximate:
Based on testing regardless of DPI the file sizes are: JPG Images
640 x 480 = 50kB - 80kB
1280 x 1024 = 200kB - 400kB
2592 x 1944 = 400kB - 1MB
1 minute at 640 x 480 = 11MB
1 minute at 1280 x 1024 = 33MB
40 minutes at 1280 x 1024 = 1.7GB
2 hours at 1280 x 1024 = 5GB
- Continuous measurement (keep tool active)By default continuous measurement is not enabled. After placing one measurement, the measurement tool used is de-selected and the arrow returns to the default selector. If you want the previously selected measurement tool to remain active after placing a measurement, you can enable continuous measurement by following these steps... Learn More
- Default email application used by DinoCapture
DinoCapture uses your default email application to send email. This is set in the Windows Control Panel rather than in DinoCapture. To set your default email client in Windows use the following steps:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs
2. Click "Set your default programs", then select your desired email application from the list on the left side
3. Click "Choose defaults for this program"
4. Under the "MAPI" section, click the checkbox next to "Send mail" (be sure that you are checking "Send mail", not "MAILTO")
5. Click "Save"
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove ProgramsLearn More
2. Click "Set Program Access and Defaults" then select "Custom"
3. Find the section titled "Choose a default e-mail program"
4. Click the box next to your desired email application
5. Click "OK"
- How to acquire depth information (DPQ) with compatible Edge ModelsDinoCapture 2.0 and selected Dino-Lite models offer an improved and more accurate functionality for the acquisition of depth information. Now, users can acquire depth information from the focus shift between two focal planes during live imaging Learn More
- How to record a time-lapse videoTime Lapse Video lets your Dino-Lite record video frames at set time intervals, creating a time lapse movie without the need for you to stitch all of the photos together. Once recording is stopped the camera will automatically compile the frames into a cohesive video clip that you can playback. Learn More
- How to reset DinoCapture to default / factory settings (Rename Digital Microscope folder)This guide helps you reset your DinoCapture to factory default settings. Learn More