- About recording audioThe Dino-Lite USB microscopes can capture snapshots and record video. The microscopes do not include a microphone for recording audio. Audio can be recorded by connecting a microphone or using a microphone built-in to the computer (such as in most notebooks) and using the AMCap software which is capable of recording video from the Dino-Lite and combining that video with audio from a separate microphone. Learn More
- Captured image and video file sizesThe size of captured images and recorded video files can vary based on a number of factors, in particular the resolution and variance in light and color has a large effect on final size. As an approximate:
Based on testing regardless of DPI the file sizes are: JPG Images
640 x 480 = 50kB - 80kB
1280 x 1024 = 200kB - 400kB
2592 x 1944 = 400kB - 1MB
1 minute at 640 x 480 = 11MB
1 minute at 1280 x 1024 = 33MB
40 minutes at 1280 x 1024 = 1.7GB
2 hours at 1280 x 1024 = 5GB
- Continuous measurement (keep tool active)By default continuous measurement is not enabled. After placing one measurement, the measurement tool used is de-selected and the arrow returns to the default selector. If you want the previously selected measurement tool to remain active after placing a measurement, you can enable continuous measurement by following these steps... Learn More
- Default email application used by DinoCapture
DinoCapture uses your default email application to send email. This is set in the Windows Control Panel rather than in DinoCapture. To set your default email client in Windows use the following steps:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs
2. Click "Set your default programs", then select your desired email application from the list on the left side
3. Click "Choose defaults for this program"
4. Under the "MAPI" section, click the checkbox next to "Send mail" (be sure that you are checking "Send mail", not "MAILTO")
5. Click "Save"
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove ProgramsLearn More
2. Click "Set Program Access and Defaults" then select "Custom"
3. Find the section titled "Choose a default e-mail program"
4. Click the box next to your desired email application
5. Click "OK"
- How to acquire depth information (DPQ) with compatible Edge ModelsDinoCapture 2.0 and selected Dino-Lite models offer an improved and more accurate functionality for the acquisition of depth information. Now, users can acquire depth information from the focus shift between two focal planes during live imaging Learn More
- How to record a time-lapse videoTime Lapse Video lets your Dino-Lite record video frames at set time intervals, creating a time lapse movie without the need for you to stitch all of the photos together. Once recording is stopped the camera will automatically compile the frames into a cohesive video clip that you can playback. Learn More
- How to reset DinoCapture to default / factory settings (Rename Digital Microscope folder)This guide helps you reset your DinoCapture to factory default settings. Learn More
- How to use EDOF (Extended depth of field)
EDOF (Extended depth of field) is an image processing tool exclusive to the Dino-Lite Edge AM4815 and AM7915 series on DinoCapture 2.0 version 1.4.7 and higher. It increases the depth of field by combining a series of images with different focuses into one image by only a few clicks. For more information on how to use this feature, please see the following:Learn More
- How to use eFLC (Enhanced FLC)eFLC (enhanced FLC) is a feature available with specific models that provide flexible illumination control over the target. With eFLC, LED quadrants can be assigned between two sets, and their light intensity levels adjusted independently. This feature allows lighting setups to mimic a key light and sidelight to reveal more details and create more vivid pictures. Learn More
- Save camera settings profileCreating and saving a camera setting profile allows the user to customize the camera color setting for better color accuracy. Creating a camera setting profile can be a time saving tool if properly used. If lighting conditions are standardized and the object is similar in color then creating a profile can be a beneficial feature. Please see the following screenshot:
Camera settings Learn More
- Saving GPS location informationThe DinoCapture software supports some external GPS Devices. To enable recording of location data, connect a compatible external GPS device, then select: Settings > External GPS Select your device, and click Connect, then Save. Also make sure that the default image format is set to JPG, not BMP. The format must be JPG as the JPG file type supports the EXIF meta data standard which is where the location data will be saved. Learn More