Using Dino-Lite on Google Chromebook
The DinoCapture software (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) is not compatible with Google Chromebooks. Dino-Lite models that are compatible with Google Chromebooks will use the Chromebook built-in Camera app. To set up the Dino-Lite on a Chromebook use the following steps:
1. Connect the Dino-Lite to the Chromebook device via USB
2. Open the Chrome web browser
3. Go to the menu in the top right corner
4. Select "Settings"
5. Scroll to the bottom and select "Show Advanced Settings"
6. Scroll down to the Privacy section and click on "Content Settings"
7. Scroll down to the Camera section and select the Dino-Lite from the camera drop down menu
8. You can now use the built in "Camera" app to view and capture images
Note: Video recording is not available within the default camera app. There are third-party apps available such as "MediaCore Capture" that can work for recording video.
|Dino-Lite Series||Google Chromebook Compatible|